Graduations can bring lots of uncertainty and change. One thing that is a given is you will need to take a hard look at your wardrobe. Are you prepared for the world of work? Here are some simple rules for new grads, and from what we’ve seen, most people could use a refresher!
1. Dressing properly is like having good etiquette.
2. Quality is always more important than quantity.
3. There is a reason why classics are classics.
4. The darker the color, the more authoritative.
5. You don’t have to spend a lot on clothes to look like you’ve spent a lot.
In essence, don’t be fooled into thinking that as a young professional, you can get away with looking sloppy or cheap. Invest strategically in a few high quality pieces. Start small with the basics- 2 suits, a sport coat and accessories. Add consistently but selectively over the year. The right perspective will go a long way! We wish you all the best in your endeavors, and our Wardrobe Consultants stand ready to help.