To help ensure the durability and longevity of your tailored clothing, follow these tips:
- Brush after every wearing with a soft firm bristled brush.
- Hang your clothes where they can breathe. Luxury fabrics have a resiliency and are able to shed wrinkles. They need air to help them spring back into shape.
- Give your garments a rest. A 24-hour rest will not only rid them of wrinkles but will also help them wear longer.
- Empty your pockets between wearing. Heavy objects strain pocket seams and pull the fabric out of shape.
- Treat stains promptly.
- Press and clean your clothing at least once a season. Take your clothes only to a reputable dry cleaner you trust.
- Store your clothes carefully. Make sure they are clean before storage. The smallest stain can invite moths. Cedar lined closets are best for storing your tailored clothing.
To remove creases, hang your garment carefully on a hanger, and place it in the bathroom when you take a shower. The water vapor will remove any creases instantly without damaging it.
Watch this video to learn how to look great when traveling while taking proper care of your designer men’s clothing.