We all see what happens every few months – celebrities and magazines start showing off selected new looks for the upcoming season, and within a week or two, everyone on the street is wearing those exact same items. At the beginning of the next season, it all happens again, and whatever you were wearing last season is no longer in. While there can be a certain fun in following along with the latest fads, looking like everyone else gets old after a while. If you’re at the point where you’re tired of cookie-cutter fashions and you’re thinking about switching to clothing that’s a more personal reflection of who you are, here are five reasons to make that leap of faith.
1. There are virtually unlimited choices. When you buy off the rack, and buy the same things off the rack that everyone else is wearing, there’s a very limited range to choose from. Even online retailers that promise custom clothing offer surprisingly little in terms of fabric and other options. True custom clothing, on the other hand, is just that – a whole new world opens up where every aspect of your clothing is chosen by you, for you.
2. The value is greater. The common argument against custom clothing is the cost, but not only is it more accessible than you might think, the value of what you’re getting more than makes up for it. Quality clothing not only lasts longer, dressing according to your own personal style makes you impervious to fads and trends, which means you don’t have to shop for all new outfits every season.
3. It gives you unparalleled confidence. Sure, anytime you buy new clothes you get a little boost, but absolutely nothing compares to the feeling of wearing a look that was created specifically for you, something that no one else has and that reflects who you are inside and out.
4. People will look at you differently. Of course the main reason to have your own unique style is for your own satisfaction, but like it or not, image matters in this world. When the first impression you give immediately separates you from the masses, people will take you seriously, and you will be instantly unforgettable. Those are nice side effects.
5. Admit it, internet shopping is disappointing. Have you ever bought a suit online, even one that claims to be custom-made, only to find that it wasn’t what you expected once you actually tried it on? Dime-a-dozen online clothing companies come and go, and there’s a reason for that – they lack a personal involvement in the process, they don’t have a passion for style, and they cut corners because their priority is profit margins. In the end, that’s not much of a step up from buying off the rack.
Here’s a short video demonstrating a few of the things you can look forward to when you choose to step up and develop your own style – your wardrobe consultant will help you with the rest!